A retreat to the desert creates a space of surrender and acceptance, limits and potential, connection and awe. The process of transformation is not an isolated journey; when one heart is transformed, many are blessed and the world becomes a better place.
Peacewhisper offers a sacred place for personal and spiritual growth.
We invite you to take time away from busy schedules, noise, and clutter to enter a quiet, peaceful space to renew and refresh your spirit.
- Come on your own or with a group
- Plan your own retreat
- Allow us to tailor a retreat for you or your group
- Participate in a spiritually directed retreat
- Attend a Contemplative retreat
- Request a day of prayer with lunch
- Utilize Peacewhisper for youth activities
- Arrange an outing or group meeting
- Schedule a spiritual direction session
Individual and group retreats
- $85 per person, per night for lodging and 3 meals
- $50 per person, per night for lodging if you bring and prepare your own meals in our guest kitchen.
Prices include directed or nondirected retreats. A donation for a directed retreat is optional.
Topic specific retreats
- Please refer to the schedule of events below.
Day of prayer
- Spiritual Direction is available during your stay. Free-will offering. Learn more about Spiritual Direction below.
Dates subject to change due to pandemic.
Introduction to Centering Prayer
Retreat will include instruction and practice of Centering Prayer. This retreat is for those who wish to learn the practice and those who wish to increase or strengthen their practice.
6-day Centering Prayer Post-Intensive Retreat
Post-Intensive retreats emphasize increased silence and increased periods of Centering Prayer. Prior Centering Prayer practice suggested. Retreat is silent from Monday evening through Friday afternoon.
Christine Bender is a trained presenter of the Centering Prayer method by Contemplative Outreach. Christine worked with the Contemplative Outreach Center in Denver for many years. She now serves on the leadership team of Contemplative Outreach of Southeast Wisconsin.